As we grow older and responsibilities start piling on us we begin our pursue for efficiency; we seek to do thing faster, cheaper, and better. Therein we start confusing efficiency for effectiveness. for instance, We have efficiency rather than effectiveness when:
- We read more books but understand and remember so little.
- We share hours with our family but we are mentally absent with work.
- We think that our lives age matters more than what we have accomplished in life.
- We read actively to understand and teach.
- We give our times to our family and rejoice out times with them.
- We think about our legacy more than our fun times. This is not to say that fun is not important but we have to be effective with fun as well by having efficent fun time not excessive fun.